Monday, October 22, 2012

Marvel Universe: She-Hulk

I'm a little removed from Marvel Comics and the associated toys after I decided to drop the majority of the comics I read on a monthly basis a few years ago.  That doesn't mean though that I can't spot a good figure.  The latest wave of Marvel Universe figures had a pretty good line up with a new version of the Punisher, Spider-Man in his Freedom Foundation uniform, bag head Spidey, Kang and Scarlet Witch.  I found most of these at retail a few weeks back, but I decided to just stick with one figure for the moment.  I'm happy with my choice.

10-16-12024

10-16-12025

Ever since I read Dan Slott's She-Hulk I have been hooked on the character.  Over the years I've owned some nice large Marvel Legends styled figures of Shulkie, but this is my first 3 3/4" figure of her.  Since I don't have a lot of MU figures anymore I'm not 100% sure if this is a new female build or not.  Either way the figure just looked too nice to turn down.

10-16-12031
Speaking of Dan Slott this figure comes packaged with a small cardboard "comic shot".  I'm still trying to figure out the purpose these serve.  I'd rather have one of those nice black MU figure stands instead.

10-16-12028  10-16-12029

It's been awhile since I've bought a new MU figure let alone fiddle around with one.  She-Hulk has a lot of articulation.  Since I'm horrible at posing figures in dynamic poses I'll just point out the swivel biceps and thighs, hinge joins in the elbows, knees and ankles and the ball joints used on the fists and for the head.

10-16-12027

See, I told you I'm horrible!

10-16-12030

Pulling off a good female action figure has always been challenging, but in my opinion Hasbro has hit the ball out of the park w/ She-Hulk.  Whether the body is a new sculpt or not, the head sculpt is really nice.  Even the way her hair is sculpt looks great.  I chose She-Hulk over the Scarlet Witch for the head sculpt alone.  When those two gals are beside each other you can really tell how nice She-Hulk's sculpt looks.

It also really helps that the paint apps are not sloppy.  I remember that being a big problem early on with the Marvel Universe line.  Overall this is a great toy and a real gem in the series.  I don't know if it's horrible distribution or poor sales, but I've yet to see this figure in the wild (i.e. retail) since my purpose last month.  If you are a fan of the character and you come across her then do yourself a favor and buy the figure.



No comments:

Post a Comment