Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Transformers G1: Wideload C-92


Continuing my own Throttlebot spotlight we'll take a look at Wideload. Of all the Japanese boxed Throttlebots I own, Wideload's box shows the most wear. It's still a little gem in my collection though.



Wideload will always be special to me as he is attached to a very vivid memory of my childhood. As my brother and I got older my grandmother quickly learned it was easier for her to let us pick out our own birthday present as opposed to her guessing what we liked. I believe I was turning 9 or 10 when I bought my U.S. G1 Wideload. We had ate lunch at Wendy's and then went across the street to a regional store called Roses. Think of a very early Walmart. I actually remember buying several G1 TFs there, but in particular Wideload.



I love the bright orange used for the majority of the vehicle, although it sorely needs some paint apps to bring out the molded detail. I believe Reprolabels may have done some sort of upgrade set, but I haven't looked into those. To this day I still don't know what the blue payload in the back is supposed to be.


Diminished robot mode, but none the less still cool. Great head sculpt I might add, but I wish the red paint just want's slopped on the face. His eyes need to be a different color so they stand out better. All in all this has to be one of my favorite Throttlebots. Can't wait to see what ToyWorld does with him later this year.

2 comments:

  1. Roses is where I got most of my Micromasters and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I always imagined that the there was just a blue tarp over the payload.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still find it absolutely funny that the Throttlebots are supposed to be known for being the fastest Autobots around and Wideload's a dump truck. lol, When you think speed, you think Dump Truck.

    That being said, I love this review because I've never even held him in my hands. It's great to be able to see him up close, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete