Saturday, October 29, 2016

Transformers: The Headmasters (Nintendo Famicom Disk System)


You would think making a video game that contained transforming robots wouldn't be so hard, but the history of official Transformers video games has been pretty rough. When I first learned that there was a Transformers game released for the Nintendo Famicom I was beside myself. Then I played the game. Let's just say it's a awful piece of trash and easily one of the worse video games I've ever played. Even this fan can't make excuses to enjoy the game even though I wanted to like it.


If Takara didn't learn their lesson with their first Transformers Famicom effort, The Mystery of Comvoy, they tried it again,. This time however they released a game on Nintendo's Famicom Disk System and went with a Headmasters theme.


The game looks and "plays" a lot like the original, but this time you control Rodimus Prime over Ultra Magnus. The game does let you choose which planet you'd like to play. I remember you had Cybertron, Earth and a few other planets to choose from, but if I'm being honest the game is so bad it doesn't matter which planet you go to as they all suck.

After about 10 minutes I had enough of this game. I can't recommend it at all. Maybe as a display piece if you're a Transformers fan, but if you are just a fan of video games all I can say is stay away, very far away! If you want to play a good Transformers video game, play the Playstation 2 game.

No comments:

Post a Comment