Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Spider-Man (2010): Sewer Clash Lizard

Spider-Man has always had an excellent rogue's gallery of villians in my opinion, however these great characters haven't always been represented very well in toy form. That says a lot considering how many different lines of figures that Spider-Man and his ensemble have appeared in.

It wasn't until this 2010 series of 4 inch Spider-Man figures that many of this enemies got a good action figure. Dr. Curt Conners, better known as the Lizard was one of the villians in the series that I thought really stood out.

I can't remember if this particular figure was short packed or not, but when I first saw images of it appear online I knew I wanted it. Finding him at local retail wasn't so easy. I had to visit several Walmarts and Targets in my area before I finally found one. It was worth the hunt however as the sculpt was fantastic.


The Lizard's appearance is pretty spot on from how many artists depicted him in the comics. He is sporting is nearly trademark white lab coat (he is a doctor after all!) with a black t-shirt and purple pants. I wonder if Curt and Bruce Banner shop at the same place?


Apparently when he undergoes the transformation to the Lizard he bulks up. Look at how tight fitting the black t-shirt is. His lab coat is tattered on the sleeves and around the bottom. The sculpting of the lizard skin is great. It's hard to see in my pictures, but its got that reptil look as his skin is covered in scales. I love how they enlarged his hands as it gives him a much more menacing look, especially with that vicious, yet beautiful head sculpt. Just look at those reptilian eyes, the sharp teeth and that Venom-esque tongue hanging out of his mouth!

Smile for the camera!
Articulation is represented in the normal areas of the action figure. His head can look up and down, but the side to side is limited. His arms are on ball joints while his elbows are hinge joints. Sadly no wrist or hand articulation. Lizard does have a swivel joint at his waist allowing his upper half to be moved. His lab coat does hinder some of this motion however. The legs are attached to his waist with ball joints. These give his legs some swivel as well as great range of motion. The knees are your standard hinge joints. His tail comes seperate in the packaging and must be assembled. It's made of a softer plastic and does have it's own articulation. As you can see, the lab coat is molded around the tail so the tail is able to be posed as you see fit.

Like many collectors I've had to downsize a large part of my action figure collection so sadly this figure no longer resides in my collection. It's a great 4 inch figure and one of the best representations (in my opinion) of the sometimes villian / sometimes ally of the Amazing Spider-Man. He blends well with the current line of the smaller Marvel Legends figures. If you Spidey collection needs another member to his rogue's gallery, I can't recommend this figure enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment