Thursday, May 17, 2018

Driven Pocket Series (Series 1) - Blind Boxes

I'm not familiar with the Driven brand or the company behind them, Battat. These small plastic "garages" can be found on the die-cast vehicle aisle at your local Target store and retail for just $1.99. I first noticed these during the Christmas shopping season and I was intrigued. I picked up three, one gray and two orange packages.



Like a lot of little boys growing up, I had a love for Tonka trucks and construction equipment. That later transitioned to Hot Wheels and Matchbox and then to Micro Machines. These seemed to be right up my alley and were worth at least checking out.


I knew there would be a small vehicle inside the plastic garage, but I didn't realize it would come with 3 pieces of road. These can be connected to one another as well as to the garage itself. Personally I love this little touch as I can see that aiding to the play pattern for kids. Heck, even this 40 year old guy was excited to connect all the pieces from all 3 packages together.


These vehicles are small, measuring around 1 to 1 1/2 inches long. They are all plastic, but surprisingly feature more molded detail and paint apps than you'd think a $2 blind packaged toy may have. One of my daughters took to this school bus upon first opening the gray package.


The two orange garages both yielded a yellow and black steam roller. Thankfully the included road pieces were slightly different than from before.


Not as cool as the school bus in my opinion, this little construction vehicle rolled around just fine.


Another nice undocumented feature is that the garages can snap together. On each side is either a 'u' shaped clip or a small peg.

I'm assuming these have sold well as return trips to Target I haven't seen these anymore. In their place is a Tonka branded product that appears to be similar. I know a Series 2 of Driven Pocket Series was released, but I've never seen them in person. They are available for sale on Target's website however.


1 comment:

  1. Gotta admit... if I was a five year old kid, I'd be begging my mom to buy me some of these. Honestly... the tracks are the key. I'd be building crazy roads all over my dining room table.

    ReplyDelete